What All Points Design and Javan is up to now.
UPDATED: This page was updated on January 13th, 2023
Regenerative Land Design Projects
I've been working with incredible clients in Canada and US on three homestead/farm scale projects. I continue to enjoy working with clients that understand that creating a regenerative land base project is a work in progress, from inception to when we ultimately leave the project. Everything is in process and we guide and learn as we interact with a landscape.
I'm currently diving back into tropical regenerative land management after being in cold temperate for decades.
I'm a consultant on a number of projects at both a residential, municipal, provincial and federal level. One in particular that I'm excited about is working to help create an "Agrihood" allowance within the Agricultural Land Reserve in British Columbia.
Since 2014, I've been working as an instructor with Oregon State University. In 2022 we started to offer a Permaculture Design PRO Course - specifically for students that want to become designers. It's been a fun challenge as the PRO course is double the length (20 weeks) of the regular course (10 weeks) and the level of student engagement is MUCH higher then the regular course.
The OSU PDC template that I created has been instrumental in streamlining students education and professional advancement.
In 2019 I was surprised by the polarization within the regenerative agriculture and living groups and communities I was in. There was a deification of certain ways of approaching the ecological disruption effects we're facing. My response was Regenerative Living.online an educational platform that teachings practical skills to live on the planet as if we intend to stay.
I was recently musing with Jo Tobias (a colleague and living soil consultant through Root Shoot Soils) that reaching out to her in 2019 to offer a course in Living soils under the name of Regenerative Agricultural Workshops was the genesis for Regenerative Living.
To date we've offered the following course (most of which you can purchase the DIY versions):
- Envision 2023
- Understanding and Working with Living Soils with Jo Tobias
- Family Food Security Self Paced
- Grow Your Own Pawpaws Self Paced
- Low Tech Erosion Control Self Paced
- Designing and Implementing Multi-Functional Hedgerows Self Paced
- Eat Well: An Introduction Self Paced
- Composting Toilets with Gord Baird LIVE 2023
- Coppice Agroforestry LIVE 2023
With more coming up, including:
- Propagating Woody Edibles with Peter Janes LIVE 2023 Pre-Launch List
- Values Based Decision Making Group Online with Javan K. Bernakevitch
- Food Forestry with Richard Walker
- Rainwater Harvesting with Gord Baird
- Hugelkulture Masterclass with Javan K. Bernakevitch and special guest Zack Weiss
- Greywater Design with Gord Baird
- Simple Keyline Design and Installation with Mark Krawczyk
- Lessons from the Al Baydha Project with Neal Spackman
- Grazing with Goats
I've been loving working with long term (3+ years) clients on emotional sovereignty through the practice of Voice Dialogue. It's been a game changer for me and for many clients to the point they "no longer feel upset or despair, and when I do, it's fleeting".
I'm currently with a few clients helping them to develop Regenerative Enterprises ranging from a cut flower operation to designing ecovillages.
In 2022 I took on my first apprentice for Values Based Decision Making. They are focused on community facilitation and it's been a pleasure to pass on what I know of this process.
I'm also in the process of developing a short book on Values Based Decision Making which I hope to distill the process (as I've done in the Envision Workshops, the most recent being Envision 2023) to make it as accessible as possible for folks to live a values based healthy and wealthy life.